Check out our other International Programs at NCCU!

Image Alt

Alien Resident Certificate

  /    /  Alien Resident Certificate

Alien Resident Certificate

All foreigners taking residence in Taiwan must apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) within 15 days of their arrival in the country. This process is done with the National Immigration Agency and you may do it yourself or ask the university to handle it in your name. Your ARC will be your main form of identification while living in Taiwan and will allow you to re-enter the country without applying for visas during its validity.

Please see more details bellow. Do not hesitate to contact us if you still have any questions.

Applying for an ARC

Before Arrival – Apply for Resident Visa

Depending on your nationality, you may be required to apply for a visa before entering Taiwan. It is recommended that you apply for a resident visa type. This are the documents you will be required in order to apply for one:

Documents required to apply for resident visa:

  1. Application form
  2. Two passport photos
  3. Passport and 1 copy of your passport
  4. Original and 1 copy of health certificate
  5. Original and 1 copy of admission permit
  6. Highest education diploma and transcripts
  7. Original and 1 copy of financial statement

Fees: NTD 2,200

Applicants outside of Taiwan are advised to apply for visa at the R.O.C. (Taiwan) overseas representative office.

Those who enter Taiwan on a Visitor Visa must apply for a Resident Visa 7 working days before the Visitor Visa expires. Visit the website of Bureau of Consular Affairs (BOCA) for more information.

After Arrival – Transfer Resident Visa to ARC

A foreign national who enters Taiwan with a residancy visa shall visit the National Immigration Agency and apply for an ARC within 15 days after entering Taiwan. The process is fast and simple and you will require the following documents:

  1. Application form
  2. Two passport photos
  3. Passport & Resident Visa (Original & 1 copy each)
  4. Admission Letter & Enrollment Slip (with University Stamp) or Student ID
  5. Original and 1 copy of admission permit

One Year Term: 1,000 NTD
Two Year Term: 2,000 NTD
Three Year Term: 3,000 NTD
Overseas Chinese Students: 500 NTD

Processing time: 10 working days

Students are required to email a copy of their ARC to the OIC office

Government Office Location

National Immigration Agency

Bureau of Consular Affairs