Check out our other International Programs at NCCU!

Image Alt

Alien Resident Certificate

  /    /  Alien Resident Certificate

As an international student of the International Master's Program Of Applied Economics and Social Development (IMES), there are regulations that you need to comply with to live, study, and work in Taiwan.

All foreigners taking residence in Taiwan must apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) within 15 days of their arrival in the country. This process is done with the National Immigration Agency and you may do it yourself or ask the university to handle it in your name. Your ARC will be your main form of identification while living in Taiwan and will allow you to re-enter the country without applying for visas during its validity.

Please read through this information carefully and contact us if you still have any questions.

Applying for an ARC

Before Arrival – Apply for Resident Visa

Depending on your nationality, you may be required to apply for a visa before entering Taiwan. It is recommended that you apply for a resident visa type. This are the documents you will be required in order to apply for one:

  1. Application form
  2. Two passport photos
  3. Passport & 1 copy of your passport
  4. Original health certificate and 1 copy of it
  5. Original and 1 copy of admission permit
  6. Highest education diploma and transcripts
  7. Original and 1 copy of financial statement

Fees: NTD 2,200

Applicants outside of Taiwan are advised to apply for the visa from an R.O.C. (Taiwan) overseas representative office.

Applicants who enter Taiwan on a Visitor Visa must apply for a Resident Visa 7 work days before the duration of stay expires. Go to Bureau of Consular Affairs (BOCA) for the application.

After Arrival – Transfer Resident Visa to ARC

After arriving in Taiwan with your resident visa, you are required to visit the National Immigration Agency to apply for an ARC within 15 days. The process is fast and simple and you will require the following documents:

  1. Application form
  2. Two passport photos
  3. Passport & Resident Visa (Original & 1 copy each)
  4. Admission Letter & Enrollment Slip (with University Stamp) or Student ID
  5. Original and 1 copy of admission permit

Fees: NTD 1,000 for 1 year validity

10 working days required for the issuing of a new ARC. Once you have it, please provide a copy to the OIC.

Government Office Location

National Immigration Agency

Bureau of Consular Affairs