Reasons to Study Here
Studying in one of our Asia-Pacific studies programs means that you, as a student and future researcher based in the Heart of Asia, will gain a unique perspective on the region from Taipei, Taiwan.
At National Chengchi University (NCCU), the classrooms are only a supportive element for the staff and students as they are involved in a variety of activities both inside outside the university.
The College of Social Sciences provides a collection of academic assets to support the educational goals of our high-standard programs. With a vast, interdisciplinary faculty, multiple research centers, and several postgraduate programs, the International Doctoral Program in Asia-Pacific Studies (IDAS) and the International Master’s Program in Asia-Pacific Studies (IMAS) have an unrivaled pool of resources at their disposal.
Our curriculum to maximizes student interests with personalized study plans for four concentration tracks. We also have an internationally competent faculty.
We have exchange programs with 350+ partner universities that balances with the studies and research of the PhD concentration tracks chosen by the students.
Our program practices leadership, critical decision-making and thinking.
It is 100% English-taught by top faculty and has great opportunities such as hosting international conferences.
National Chengchi University
- One of Asia’s top social sciences universities, with 4-star QS rating
- Top university business, law, communication, language, and education
- A large student body of about 16,000 students
- A diverse student body with more than 1,000 international students
- Dedicated English-language support staff
- 70% of the faculty have Ph.D.s from U.S. or Europe universities
- Modern and accessible international student housing
- Strong commitment to internationalization
- Located 15 minutes from Taipei’s city center in a natural landscape
- Top-rated language Mandarin language learning center
- Affordable tuition and cost of living
- Taiwan Scholarship covers partially your tuition and living expenses
- Located in the Heart of Asia